Applied Materials has developed a highly innovative bioimaging platform for spatial transcriptomics, enabled by cutting edge bio-assays and a high throughput imaging system. The project team is a growing, dynamic, and multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers from fields of biology, optics, material science, bioinformatics, and software engineering. Our pioneering platform is pushing the boundaries of biological and clinical research.
The individual will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to verify and validate new products used in cutting edge molecular biology applications. The successful candidate will initiate test planning, execute experiments and perform multivariate analysis to drive the new platform to maturity with a multidisciplinary team.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the assay team for the systems integration function by contributing molecular biology/genomics expertise. Collaborate with all functions closely, such as hardware, software development and operations to ensure project milestones and product performance.
- Develop and establish robust, customer-facing workflows that meet product requirements
- Design and execute internal verification and validation as well as of external validations at customer test sites for product performance evaluation.
- Develop and write internal and customer facing protocols.
- Conduct data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Introduce creative solutions to resolve system integration issues.
- Engage in product design with system integration experience/knowledge.
- Engage in assay and product development.
- Master/PhD in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genomics, or similar fields.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience in successful biological/biomedical product development required.
- Experience designing and executing test plans to validate product performance and robustness.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and manufacturing is highly desired.
- Experience in cell and tissue culture, microscopy, various biological imaging techniques, image processing, and data analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity with histology, immunochemistry and in-situ hybridization is a plus.
- Experience giving input to product design at an early stage of development is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and highly motivated.
- A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- Solid communication and writing skills required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 Years
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.