Specific focus will be on establishing a deep understanding of the category & brand challenges, turning business objectives into communications objectives and defining clear KPI’s for each brief.
Finally ensuring commitments made to clients are specific and deliverable, ideally exceeded!
The role will deliver planning excellence in our offering across their clients and all roles establishing the Account as the industry leader for delivering growth to clients through planning expertise.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE ENTAIL…working in collaboration with colleagues to…
- Support the client team by providing expertise on Planning
- Provide insight and analysis to the Client team to support the development of data driven strategic recommendations for the client
- Develop strong relationships with clients, be their go to person for Planning expertise
- Work with wider teams (including performance marketing, biddable and programmatic) to ensure regular reporting that serves the client’s needs.
- Lead on relevant part of client meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Keep your client leads up to date on best practices and industry trends
- Develop consistent excellent pCoordinate & complete annual plans for all brands for the assigned categories. Turn business objectives into comms objectives and define clear KPIs for each brief
- Leads the development of the brand’s communication strategy, working in partnership with Agency’s strategists, the other teams within the region / globally and with clients
- Strong understanding of digital platforms, digital tools is necessary for success in this role.
- Plan recommendations for brands in the assigned categories & related Operations staff to deliver outstanding plan execution & operational excellence
- Forge and develop solid working relationship with the internal team at MediaCom and GroupM, developing multi-channel plans and responses to client briefs with the other colleagues/teams (if applicable).
- Establish and lead strong collaborative communication internally and with all other agency partners so information is efficiently and effectively shared (with digital and buying)
- Drive innovation that is founded in clear audience insight
- Develop strategic recommendations in conjunction with rest of the strategy team
- Review Consumer insight and competitive reports interpretation and key learnings (aggregate and integrate research data in the plans)
- Use The System and encourage uptake in wider MediaCom
- Complete planning reports accurately and on time
- Collaborates closely with buying/implementation teams within the company as to maintain a campaigns delivery throughout the year within agreed KPI’s (e.g. reach objectives)
- Contributes to client profitability based on operational efficiency as well as recognizing & developing opportunities to grow out of scope services (like Insights) and related revenues
- 3+ years of account planning experience
- Participate in workshops, training sessions and team building events.
- Deliver best practice day to day project management.
- Proactively build relationships outside of the immediate team.
- Financial control of client’s business in conjunction with Account Manager (payments, invoices, reconciliations, PO tracking etc.)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence performance planning and clients’ business.
- Be an advocate of continuous improvement, enthusiastic and positive with a “Can Do” attitude Flags up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly
In three months:
- Learned business and media landscape across APAC countries for concerned category
- Established connections and rapport with individual market planners
- Deliver a first quarterly digital asset performance review for APAC
- Drafted your first cross country annual review (incl. cross market competitive review)
- Guided market teams to drive consistency in planning and implementation principles in annual strategy development
- Guided and Lead market team in annual budget optimization
- Proposed and deployed a project which you have passion for
- Product: outstanding plan execution & operational excellence.
- Client: satisfaction, retention and growth, contributing to a high score for strategy and activation planning in agency evaluation. KPI TRR score
- Personal development: positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.