In this role your responsibilities may include:
- Offer carefully thought-through advice on operational issues and problems, presenting your recommendations confidently and in a way that your clients can understand.
- Use relevant information and data to analyse problems, creating insight to inform decisions.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of different options and constructively challenge clients to achieve the best solution.
- Deepen relationships with clients to establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Anticipate and explore client needs, managing and seeking to exceed their expectations.
- Develop deep understanding of your client group and share commercial insights gained from your client interactions.
- Develop awareness of business development activities and act to support them.
- Develop your external networks with other professionals.
- Manage time to complete multiple, competing tasks and to respond to requests.
- Prioritise and delegate work to others to ensure deadlines are met.
- Create contingency plans to accommodate changing demands and show persistence and resourcefulness in the face of obstacles.
- Get to know colleagues, building an understanding of their skills and motivations.
- Encourage and support colleagues to deliver and inspire confidence and respect of others through your interactions.
- Select the right communication channel for your message and audience and ensure that your communications are well structured and concise.
- Demonstrate awareness of your strengths and personal impact.
- Reflect, analyse and test ideas and insights with others, sharing experiences to drive improvements.
- Share relevant knowledge, learning and expertise with your colleagues and develop functional best practice.
- Effectively use internal and external resources and identify new experiences to develop your expertise and skills.
- Develop junior colleagues through day-to-day coaching and mentoring.
- Proactively seek feedback from all colleagues to grow in your role.
- Degree in Accounting or related major.
- Formal professional qualification: CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 3-4 years' experience within a multi-national corporate environment
- Fluent in English, strong verbal and writing skills
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch using the contact details on our careers website at
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.