This role is based in Singapore and responsible for Singapore and Malaysia markets.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney's international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney's Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney's incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Assistant Manager, Brand & Partnerships Marketing (Singapore and Malaysia), will be an integral part of the Disney+ team in Southeast Asia (SEA). The role will be responsible for driving Disney+ brand and content marketing campaigns, focused on maximizing brand and platform awareness amongst local consumers. Critical to success will be audience comprehension of the platform's key benefits and unique selling points.
This role is also responsible for localizing global plans and strategies for local success. He/she will work with local performance marketing, social and customer retention teams to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and define project timelines from ideation to launch, working ultimately towards one joint acquisition target. He/she will also work with creative and communications teams to drive growth and optimization.
The role will collaborate with other lines of business including Studios, Franchise, Live Entertainment and Consumer Products to align Disney+ synergy and owned media plans with cross company priorities to both draft off and support company-wide big beats.
Direct-to-Consumer and International
Marketing and Promotions
- A post graduate degree with marketing specialization
- Minimum 4-8 years comprehensive and demonstrable experience in building direct-to-consumer brands, in consumer technology, leading consumer brands, or similar multinational company
- Strong experience developing and managing brand marketing campaigns with execution experience across the marketing mix
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and cultural nuances in Singapore and Malaysia
- Experience identifying research insights and presenting actionable recommendations
- Comprehensive experience pitching, converting and managing brand marketing partnerships
- Ability to influence internal and external cross-functional teams effectively
- Proven track record as a self-starter in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategies/decisions
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results
Direct-to-Consumer and International
- Assist with the development of the brand marketing strategy for Disney+ in Singapore and Malaysia
- Identify and execute local cross-channel marketing campaigns.
- Drive brand focused partnerships for Disney+ in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Partner with Global Brand Marketing teams to leverage global plans and marketing assets for Singapore and Malaysia.
- Develop a local synergy and owned media plan for Disney+, ensuring that all owned media and synergy opportunities are maximized
- Maintain marketing campaign calendar.
- Plan and monitor the ongoing product's organic presence on across O&O media, such as channels, studio marketing activities and other local promotional and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and external agencies to produce a creative testing pipeline for each campaign cycle
The Walt Disney Company