This position is based in Sungei Kadut Loop, Singapore. Transport will be provided at Yew Tee MRT Station.
- Manage XRF, XRD, ICP, FTIR, TGA and new research and development of analytical methods and procedures
- Responsible for material identification, failure analysis and paint & coating analysis
- Training and guiding of interns and trainees
- Managing the calibration of glass wares and the instruments
- Performance of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests and analysis of other substances as per standard method
- Issue reports and receive samples to and from the respective entities
- Involvement in site and field testing with various international standards or in-house procedures
- Ensure work compliance to ISO 17025 requirements
- General maintenance, cleaning and checking of equipment
- Working to all HSE standards
- Interaction with clients during witnessed testing
- Generating test reports for clients (data entry, quality assurance)
- Ensuring compliance to all Element Material Technology quality standards
- Willing to assist in other activities from time to time that may be requested by the department manager to assist in the execution of Element Material Technology annual targets and budget
- At least Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the related field
- Min. 2 years' experience in handling XRF and XRD analytical equipment, experience with ICP analysis will be required
- Experience in SAC Singlas assessment will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of safe operation of testing equipment and operating in an independent / chemistry / consultant laboratory
- Have the ability to work in teams & leadership qualities
- Good English communication skills: reading, writing, speaking
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Element Materials Technology