United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Reporting to the management of Custody and Investment Operations Centre, this person will be responsible, as Head Of the Settlement team, to run the daily operations, to service the custody clients and leadership in the team in its support to the business partners and clients.
- Oversee the planning and administration of the department
- Ensure robust controls over the processing and prompt deliverables on service standards
- Handle potential issues, complaints and feedback inclusive of investigation and resolution on a timely basis
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of own deliverables and that of the department
- Perform operational and risk assessment of new products/
- business initiatives/market and regulatory changes from all angles
- Manage and drive staff performance, development and engagement
- Work with division head on transformation of transactional processing and development of processing teams
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned by division head including acting as deputy
- Lead team on day-to-day operations and drive service deliverables and improvements and control and compliance over processes
- Share experience and knowledge and mentor the team
- Conversant with regulations and policies governing operations to ensure compliance
- Drive the division's business continuity plans as recovery team lead
- Engage stakeholders on operational requirements and challenges and strive for sustainable solutions
- Represent the division in meetings with stakeholders
- Raise service standards, product/market knowledge and risk awareness
- Productivity initiatives
- Minimum 20 years' relevant custody/private banking operations experience 10 of which in a management role
- In-depth knowledge of local securities market, depository clearing and settlement framework and system.
- Well versed with relevant legislation and regulations
- Excellent practical knowledge of domestic and global securities markets operations and different wealth products
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong risk mindset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Service oriented
- All-rounder in terms of securities operations knowledge
- Proven strong leadership and management skills
- Results oriented with tangible achievements
- Strategic thinker and change agent with longer term goals
- Self-motivated and driven with can-do attitude
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.