Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, Corporate Investment Banking, Commodities Technology, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Work closely with Trading, Quantitative Research, Sales and Middle Office teams to deliver quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Maths
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in performant, large-scale system development in an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (object-oriented programming, full stack development, quantitative finance)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Ability to develop a good understanding of end-to-end business processes.
- Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude and business understanding.
- Software development experience in commodities, finance, or investment banking preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain.
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team: The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.