Civica builds software and provides IT and digital transformation services to support some of the most important organisations in our communities; like schools, libraries, local councils and state agencies. We work with some of the largest health fund providers bringing their services into the digital age. Our products are market leaders, some of them are globally renowned.
Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in and accelerating the digital transformation of the public sector and associated markets. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About The Role
Based at our client’s office, we have an opportunity for a proven and experienced Library Manager to join our growing team. You will be reporting directly to the Librarian and will also be supervising a team of library officers. Apart from library operational duties, you will also perform management techniques effectively in directing, coordinating, budgeting and evaluating the library’s operations.
- Manage library operations
- Execute library programmes and activities to promote reading among the customers
- Perform collection review including gap analysis and provide advice on collection service matters
- Develop recommended library resource lists including books, ebooks, journals, magazines, databases, etc.
- Manage rostering and employee issues
- Prepare regular project reports
- Any other duties assigned to meet the needs and requirements of the business
You possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
You will also have:
- Min 3 years of relevant experience in managing library operations such as reference services, circulation operations, research support and online databases
- Experience in managerial or supervisory role
- Postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Management is preferred but not a must
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office and IT skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Patience, and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet users’ needs
At Civica we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today’s modern work environments:
- Join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
At Civica we are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. At Civica we recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.