- Be part of the team that ensures sustainable products meets standard quality and committed to deliver to customers worldwide!
- Based in Singapore, the regional hub for Asia Pacific (AP) and named one of the Best Companies to Work for in 2019 by HR Asia
- Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in AP for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Non-Sterile Microbiology Organization in Quality Laboratories, you will be part of the laboratory operations team supporting several Manufacturing Facilities/Operations in our manufacturing plant in Singapore.
What will you do
- Participate in Quality, Compliance, cGMP and all other compliance-related matters, where applicable.
- Conduct quality investigations and coordinate with Quality, respective Plant Operations, Projects and Engineering & Maintenance
- Provide testing support for plant validation activities, routine/non-routine quality monitoring, sampling and testing of Utility systems and environmental monitoring for facilities
- Provide testing support for in-process and release samples testing of excipient/ packaging components for the different drug products, semi-finished drug product and drug substances. i.e., Bioburden test, Microbial Limits Test.
- Support day to day laboratory operations in Microbiology Laboratory
What you must have
- Degree in Microbiology / Biotechnology with 2 to 6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Good understanding of Safety and cGMP practices with previous OJT is preferred
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment and lab computer systems is very desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical development mindset in research and commercialization activities
- Computer Literacy
- Limitless opportunities across various areas in Manufacturing; well-structured career path
- A state-of-the-art facility that delivers solution to its customers world-wide
Who we are…
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for…
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Relocation: No relocation
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: 1